Southwest Black Bean Pasta Recipe
- 1/2 cup uncooked spiral pasta
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/3 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup Western salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water. Stir into bean mixture. Chill until serving. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup (prepared with reduced-fat cheese and fat-free salad dressing) equals 254 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 738 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 11 g protein.