- 1/2 cup uncooked spiral pasta
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/3 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup Western salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water. Stir into bean mixture. Chill until serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Southwest Black Bean Pasta
"Needed something quick and easy to make for my son's peewee football after-game tail gate. Couldn't find Western Dressing, so i made some from this link http://www.food.com/recipe/western-salad-dressing-117023Turned out great, I hope I still have some left for the tailgate... it's so good!"
"This was yummy. I tripled the recipe and used a whole can of black beans so I probably had more beans than the recipe called for. I used a southwest ranch/chipolte salad dressing, although not as much as was callled for in the recipe as I did not want it dripping in dressing. Will definitely make again."
"western dressing is a red dressing similar to catalina but maybe not as sweet."
"I don't recognise Western Salad Dressing. Can some one tell me what it is? Like Miracle Whip or? Thanks!"
"One of my favorite recipes. I like to use Southwest Ranch dressing instead."