Denise Ramey from Francesville, Indiana created this recipe by combining some of her favorite flavors and textures. Serve warmed tortilla chips on the side of this robust, crunchy pasta dish.
- 1/2 cup uncooked spiral pasta
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/3 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup Western salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water. Stir into bean mixture. Chill until serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Southwest Black Bean Pasta in Cooking for 2 Summer 2008, p18
Reviews for Southwest Black Bean Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review