- 1/2 cup uncooked spiral pasta
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/3 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup Western salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water. Stir into bean mixture. Chill until serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Southwest Black Bean Pasta
Sort By :
Needed something quick and easy to make for my son's peewee football after-game tail gate. Couldn't find Western Dressing, so i made some from this link http://www.food.com/recipe/western-salad-dressing-117023
Turned out great, I hope I still have some left for the tailgate... it's so good!
This was yummy. I tripled the recipe and used a whole can of black beans so I probably had more beans than the recipe called for. I used a southwest ranch/chipolte salad dressing, although not as much as was callled for in the recipe as I did not want it dripping in dressing. Will definitely make again.
western dressing is a red dressing similar to catalina but maybe not as sweet.
I don't recognise Western Salad Dressing. Can some one tell me what it is? Like Miracle Whip or? Thanks!
One of my favorite recipes. I like to use Southwest Ranch dressing instead.
More Recipe Collections
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Salad Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Side Dishes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Salad Recipes >
- Mexican Side Dishes >
- Mexican Vegetarian Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pasta Salad Recipes >
- Pasta Salads >
- Pasta Side Dish Recipes >
- Pasta Side Dishes >