- 1/2 cup uncooked spiral pasta
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/3 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup Western salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water. Stir into bean mixture. Chill until serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Southwest Black Bean Pasta
Sort By :
Needed something quick and easy to make for my son's peewee football after-game tail gate. Couldn't find Western Dressing, so i made some from this link http://www.food.com/recipe/western-salad-dressing-117023
Turned out great, I hope I still have some left for the tailgate... it's so good!
This was yummy. I tripled the recipe and used a whole can of black beans so I probably had more beans than the recipe called for. I used a southwest ranch/chipolte salad dressing, although not as much as was callled for in the recipe as I did not want it dripping in dressing. Will definitely make again.
western dressing is a red dressing similar to catalina but maybe not as sweet.
I don't recognise Western Salad Dressing. Can some one tell me what it is? Like Miracle Whip or? Thanks!
One of my favorite recipes. I like to use Southwest Ranch dressing instead.