This filling main dish from the Test Kitchen gets its zip from Mexican seasoning. Its colorful presentation is matched by its colorful flavors.
- 1/2 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 3 tablespoons picante sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- Hot cooked fettuccine, optional
- In a large skillet, stir-fry the beef, onion, red pepper, taco seasoning, salt and pepper in oil until meat is no longer pink. Stir in the beans, corn, picante sauce and cilantro; heat through. Serve with fettuccine if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Southwestern Beef Strips in Cooking for 2 Summer 2009, p16
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Southwest Beef Strips
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review