This meaty delight will have the family coming back for seconds! Hearty and filling, it's sure to be an instant classic. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups coarsely crushed nacho-flavored tortilla chips
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place tortilla chips in an ungreased 9-in. pie plate; set aside. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add tomato sauce, water, taco seasoning and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Spoon half of the meat mixture over chips; sprinkle with half of the cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Southwest Beef Pie in Simple & Delicious September/October 2009, p13
Reviews for Southwest Beef Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review