- 2 cups coarsely crushed nacho-flavored tortilla chips
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place tortilla chips in an ungreased 9-in. pie plate; set aside. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add tomato sauce, water, taco seasoning and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Spoon half of the meat mixture over chips; sprinkle with half of the cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Southwest Beef Pie
Sort By :
"Loved it,but we all got heartburn, why I don't know. I will make it again to see if we get heartburn again, other then that it was good. Thanks- Lee-Ann Treacher"
"I am going to make this for my son and his wife and five grandchildren. It looks like it will be something that they will love. I also long for the OLD TASTE OF HOME magazine."
"Made this today and added re-fried beans and Doritos as suggested by other reviewers. It didn't really make a pie for me. It was too loose. It ended up being more of a hot dip. It was pretty tasty though, so I suggested to my husband that we use this recipe as a hot dip for tortilla chips on game day. He said that's a good idea!"
"Needed a veggie, so I threw in some corn to the meat mixture and used doritos instead of regular tortilla chips. Kids loved it."
"I liked this recipe, I thought it had a lot of flavor."