Southwest Beef Pie Recipe
This meaty delight will have the family coming back for seconds! Hearty and filling, it's sure to be an instant classic. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 2 cups coarsely crushed nacho-flavored tortilla chips
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Place tortilla chips in an ungreased 9-in. pie plate; set aside. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add tomato sauce, water, taco seasoning and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Spoon half of the meat mixture over chips; sprinkle with half of the cheese. Repeat layers.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 448 calories, 26 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 103 mg cholesterol, 1,035 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 31 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC