Southwest Beef Pie
This meaty delight will have the family coming back for seconds! Hearty and filling, it's sure to be an instant classic. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups coarsely crushed nacho-flavored tortilla chips
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Place tortilla chips in an ungreased 9-in. pie plate; set aside. In a
- large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Add the tomato sauce, water, taco seasoning and pepper. Bring
- to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Spoon half of the meat mixture over chips; sprinkle with half of the
- cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until heated
- through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 448 calories, 26 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 103 mg cholesterol, 1,035 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 31 g protein.