Southwest Beef Pie Recipe
- 2 cups coarsely crushed nacho-flavored tortilla chips
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Place tortilla chips in an ungreased 9-in. pie plate; set aside. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the tomato sauce, water, taco seasoning and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Spoon half of the meat mixture over chips; sprinkle with half of the cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Southwest Beef Pie(13)
Sort By :
Needed a veggie, so I threw in some corn to the meat mixture and used doritos instead of regular tortilla chips. Kids loved it.
I liked this recipe, I thought it had a lot of flavor.
We used Doritos, as that's what I had on hand. My kids LOVED this! Served w/ sour cream, salsa, lettuce and black olives.
A response to Matilad_Ca46. You say there is alot of sodium. Yes that is true ther is but there are ways to lower that. Get no added salt in the tomatoe sauce and get the lower sodium taco seasoning. There is always ways to adjust the recipe to your liking. Adding things is always a good thing. It is trial and error. Just try other things and have fun doing it.
This was really good. I think I will add sliced black olives to the meat mixture next time for even more flavor!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >