Southwest Beef Burritos Recipe
Take dinner in hand with this super-simple recipe that’s table-ready in 20 minutes flat. It’s loaded with beef, veggies and cheese and can easily be doubled for a crowd.—Patricia Harmon, Baden, Pennsylvania
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated beef tips with gravy
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- 3/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1. Cut beef tips into 1/2-inch pieces. In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add the beef tips with gravy, mixed vegetables, green chilies and cumin; heat through.
- 2. Spoon 3/4 cup filling off center on each tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Yield: 4 servings.
1 burrito equals 540 calories, 21 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 1,343 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 12 g fiber, 31 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC