Take dinner in hand with this super-simple recipe that’s table-ready in 20 minutes flat. It’s loaded with beef, veggies and cheese and can easily be doubled for a crowd.—Patricia Harmon, Baden, Pennsylvania
Recommended: 40 Tex-Mex Recipes Bursting With Southwestern Flavor
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated beef tips with gravy
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- 3/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Cut beef tips into 1/2-inch pieces. In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add the beef tips with gravy, mixed vegetables, green chilies and cumin; heat through.
- Spoon 3/4 cup filling off center on each tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Southwest Beef Burritos in Simple & Delicious October/November 2010, p37