"My family loves this recipe because it’s so tasty, fast and filling. I love the easy one-dish cleanup. Sometimes I add a can of drained corn for a complete meal.”—Jane Porras, Plano, Texas
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) Ranch Style beans (pinto beans in seasoned tomato sauce)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the rice, beans, broth, tomato sauce, chili powder, salt, cumin and pepper; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Southwest Beef & Rice Skillet in Simple & Delicious October/November 2010, p33
Reviews for Southwest Beef & Rice Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review