Southwest Bean and Chicken Pasta Recipe
- 3 cups uncooked mostaccioli
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed nacho cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 package (9 ounces) ready-to-use Southwestern chicken strips
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, optional
- Cook mostaccioli according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion and red pepper in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the soup, chicken and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Stir in beans; heat through. Drain mostaccioli; transfer to a serving bowl; top with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Southwest Bean and Chicken Pasta
Sort By :
"This was good, but not a favorite. No Nacho Cheese soup, so I used cheddar soup and added green chilies instead."
"This recipe lacks seasoning. I will make it again but i will add rotel and a little salt. I only used 1 1/2 cups of pasta and it was plenty and I also cut back on the beans."
"Thought this was a pretty good recipe. I made this meal without any substitutions, however, I did add a whole onion and red bell pepper instead of the 1/4 cup it called for. More flavor is never a bad thing! I fed this to my family, and my boyfriend says it goes into the rotation. Will definitely make this again -- maybe add some mexicorn!"
"This is one of our favorites. Delicious with a salad and garlic bread. Always a winner!"