- 3 cups uncooked mostaccioli
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed nacho cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 package (9 ounces) ready-to-use Southwestern chicken strips
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, optional
- Cook mostaccioli according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion and red pepper in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the soup, chicken and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Stir in beans; heat through. Drain mostaccioli; transfer to a serving bowl; top with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Southwest Bean and Chicken Pasta
"I didn't really care for this at all. Flavor combination just not right for me."
"This was good, but not a favorite. No Nacho Cheese soup, so I used cheddar soup and added green chilies instead."
"This recipe lacks seasoning. I will make it again but i will add rotel and a little salt. I only used 1 1/2 cups of pasta and it was plenty and I also cut back on the beans."
"Thought this was a pretty good recipe. I made this meal without any substitutions, however, I did add a whole onion and red bell pepper instead of the 1/4 cup it called for. More flavor is never a bad thing! I fed this to my family, and my boyfriend says it goes into the rotation. Will definitely make this again -- maybe add some mexicorn!"
"This is one of our favorites. Delicious with a salad and garlic bread. Always a winner!"
"this was pretty good. One full can is way too many beans in my opinion so lowered to 3/4 can. I also added more garlic and red pepper to add flavor."
"We absolutely love this dinner! Unfortunately, Campbells is discontinuing this soup. Not sure what I am going to use in its place."
"What is pepper Jack Soup? where in Canada could you get it? Who is it made by and or what are the ingredients so something could be substituted for it?"