Southwest Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Recipe
One of the things my family likes about this recipe, which I created, is that you can adjust the "heat index" by using green chilies or jalapeno peppers.
- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1. In a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain; keep warm. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Sprinkle chicken breasts with seasoned salt. In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, chilies and garlic. Spread half of the mixture on each chicken breast. Roll up chicken and wrap with two bacon strips; secure with toothpicks.
- 2. Place chicken in a greased shallow 4-1/2 cup baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 45 minutes. Cover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear. Discard toothpicks before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 428 calories, 37g fat (16g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 858mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for Southwest Bacon-Wrapped Chicken
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC