One of the things my family likes about this recipe, which I created, is that you can adjust the "heat index" by using green chilies or jalapeno peppers.
- 4 bacon strips
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- In a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain; keep warm. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Sprinkle chicken breasts with seasoned salt. In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, chilies and garlic. Spread half of the mixture on each chicken breast. Roll up chicken and wrap with two bacon strips; secure with toothpicks.
- Place chicken in a greased shallow 4-1/2 cup baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 45 minutes. Cover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear. Discard toothpicks before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Bacon-Wrapped Chicken in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p179
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Southwest Bacon-Wrapped Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 31, 2010
"It was moist and not dried out. I used turkey bacon instead of regular so I did not cook it first. I did have a hard time rolling them up. But they were very good."