- 4 bacon strips
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- In a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain; keep warm. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Sprinkle chicken breasts with seasoned salt. In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, chilies and garlic. Spread half of the mixture on each chicken breast. Roll up chicken and wrap with two bacon strips; secure with toothpicks.
- Place chicken in a greased shallow 4-1/2 cup baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 45 minutes. Cover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear. Discard toothpicks before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Bacon-Wrapped Chicken in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p179
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Southwest Bacon-Wrapped Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 31, 2010
"It was moist and not dried out. I used turkey bacon instead of regular so I did not cook it first. I did have a hard time rolling them up. But they were very good."