Southern Tea Cakes
There were nine children in our family and Mother had to stretch the budget, so she made these often for dessert. I loved them when I was a child, and they're still a special treat. In fact, I've never met anyone who doesn't like these cookies. They're so simple and quick to make.
18 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup shortening
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- In a bowl, cream together shortening and sugar. Beat in eggs. Add
- milk and vanilla; beat well. Stir in flour; mix well.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2-1/2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 252 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 251 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.