- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup mashed sweet potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, nutmeg and salt. In a large bowl, beat the potatoes, eggs, corn syrup, butter and sugar mixture. Gradually stir in milk. Pour into pastry shell.
- Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Southern Sweet Potato Pie
Sort By :
"I always cook sweet potatoe pies for my family for Thanksgiving an Christmas but this year I wanted to try taste of home recipe I did and my family loved it of course I added a little more sugar but for the most part it was worth it. Thank you taste of home."
"This was my husband and I 1st time making a sweet potato pie and We both agree that the pie is definitely not sweet enough and missing some main ingredients we made a 2nd one and we left out the flour and add cinnamon and brown sugar and a little more nutmeg with some vanilla extract and more sweet potatoes and ole boy was it delicious"
"I just made these pies today for the second time. I would suggest as I have done both times to add 2 or more cups of sweet potatoes and cut back on a bit of the sugar. Other than that, this pie is so so so good!!"
"way too sweet... 2/3 c sugar would have been enough. Do you even test these recipes?"
"The recipe is amzing the sweet potato pie was divine"