Southern Sweet Potato Pie Recipe
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup mashed sweet potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, nutmeg and salt. In a large bowl, beat the potatoes, eggs, corn syrup, butter and sugar mixture. Gradually stir in milk. Pour into pastry shell.
- Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Southern Sweet Potato Pie
Sort By :
The recipe is amzing the sweet potato pie was divine
Best potato pie I have ever had.
I read this as 1 AND 2/3 cup of sugar, which combined with the corn syrup, was way too sweet. I would loose the corn syrup altogether and reduce the sugar to 2/3 cup. By the way, this overflowed in my oven, and tasted nothing like the sweet potato pies my parents made for us (Texas). I will not try this recipe again!
Please lose the ad that prints with Taste of Home recipes. We do not need to waste the ink on yet another ad.
Somehow I ended up adding too much butter to the recipe. It was still tasty & edible.