- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup mashed sweet potatoes
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, nutmeg and salt. In a large bowl, beat the potatoes, eggs, corn syrup, butter and sugar mixture. Gradually stir in milk. Pour into pastry shell.
- Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Southern Sweet Potato Pie
"I love it made it several times"
"Yes yes yes..i tweeked it just a little bit...1/2tsp.nutmeg and add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract optional you can add .....................1 /2teaspoon of lemon extract,,,,,along with the VANILLA...its called crossing the flavor...... it must be lemon extract or lemon oil it CAN NOT .....be imitation lemon EXTRACT."
"I baked it and loved it..very tasty without strong flavor of cinnamon and nutmeg..just sweet enough!"
"I had the best sweet potato pie from Mrs. Ramsey mother of our own hall of fame basketball star but she was more famous for a lot of us for her cooking and this recipe is darn near closes to it . My family loves it"
"I always cook sweet potatoe pies for my family for Thanksgiving an Christmas but this year I wanted to try taste of home recipe I did and my family loved it of course I added a little more sugar but for the most part it was worth it. Thank you taste of home."