- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 3 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a large resealable bag, combine the first seven ingredients. Cut chicken pieces into thirds; place in the bag and shake to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown chicken in butter on all sides; remove and keep warm. Add the onion, celery and mushrooms; cook until tender.
- Return chicken to the pan; add broth. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. In a small bowl, whisk flour and milk until smooth. Add to pan; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Serve with noodles. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Southern Sunday Chicken(3)
Sort By :
The taste of this was okay. It was a lot of work for what it ended up being.
My family really liked this. I put about half as much paprika as the recipe suggested- as I am sensative to paprika.
This was really good, I had to add some salt free seasoning to the sauce though, it didn't have much flavor. After that though it was excellent
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >