- 2 cups Ritz crackers (about 50)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 2 eggs
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place a rack in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan; coat the rack with cooking spray.
- In a shallow bowl, mix the first seven ingredients. In a separate shallow bowl, whisk eggs. Dip chicken in eggs, then in cracker mixture, patting to help coating adhere. Place on prepared rack.
- Bake 20 minutes. Turn chicken; bake 15-25 minutes longer or until chicken is golden brown and juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Southern-Style Oven-Fried Chicken
"This is super!"
"Love that this is made in the oven instead of deep fried."
"Out of this world??! The chicken breasts that I did with this recipe were so succulent my son said,"Mom you out did yourself...fantastic??! Well, needless to say this recipe is a KEEPER??!As side dishes, we had Paula's acorn squash and Green Giant's no sauced peas...What a scrumptious meal. Please enjoy it real soon??."
"I didn't really care for the cracker coating in this recipe. Probably will not make this again."
"Followed this recipe exactly except I baked it a bit longer because my chicken was bigger.Turned out great and definitely beats standing over a fry pan!"
"Excellent! Followed the recipe instructions exactly, which is something I don't normally do. A definite keeper."