- 2 cups Ritz crackers (about 50)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 2 eggs
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place a rack in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan; coat the rack with cooking spray.
- In a shallow bowl, mix the first seven ingredients. In a separate shallow bowl, whisk eggs. Dip chicken in eggs, then in cracker mixture, patting to help coating adhere. Place on prepared rack.
- Bake 20 minutes. Turn chicken; bake 15-25 minutes longer or until chicken is golden brown and juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Southern-Style Oven-Fried Chicken
Sort By :
This was oh-my-word good! I was just making a small amount of drumsticks, so I halved the amount of crackers I used. I kept the seasoning quantities the same, though. It was so flavorful!
Delicious! I followed the recipe exactly and I wouldn't change anything. The whole family devoured it. Will definitely make again!
i used this breading on chicken tenders and it was great!
Delicious!! So crunchy and moist. Will make this recipe again! I followed the recipe as written and I don't think I would change anything, but might add just a pinch of salt.
Very good! The whole family enjoyed it. I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs and garlic powder instead of garlic salt. Next time I will add a little salt. Tasty!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Fried Chicken Recipes >