- 2 cups Ritz crackers (about 50)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 2 eggs
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place a rack in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan; coat the rack with cooking spray.
- In a shallow bowl, mix the first seven ingredients. In a separate shallow bowl, whisk eggs. Dip chicken in eggs, then in cracker mixture, patting to help coating adhere. Place on prepared rack.
- Bake 20 minutes. Turn chicken; bake 15-25 minutes longer or until chicken is golden brown and juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Southern-Style Oven-Fried Chicken
"Really easy, juicy chicken recipe. Perfect flavor though I did add salt."
"Out of this world??! The chicken breasts that I did with this recipe were so succulent my son said,"Mom you out did yourself...fantastic??! Well, needless to say this recipe is a KEEPER??!As side dishes, we had Paula's acorn squash and Green Giant's no sauced peas...What a scrumptious meal. Please enjoy it real soon??."
"This was really easy and good.The only thing I changed was I didn't add cumin and since I used chicken breasts I baked it a little longer.Will probably make again with thighs and legs."
"I didn't really care for the cracker coating in this recipe. Probably will not make this again."
"Followed this recipe exactly except I baked it a bit longer because my chicken was bigger.Turned out great and definitely beats standing over a fry pan!"
"Excellent! Followed the recipe instructions exactly, which is something I don't normally do. A definite keeper."
"This was oh-my-word good! I was just making a small amount of drumsticks, so I halved the amount of crackers I used. I kept the seasoning quantities the same, though. It was so flavorful!"
"Delicious! I followed the recipe exactly and I wouldn't change anything. The whole family devoured it. Will definitely make again!"