- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- EGG ROLLS:
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen turnip greens, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup canned black-eyed peas
- 24 egg roll wrappers
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a small bowl, mix the sauce ingredients until blended. Refrigerate, covered, until serving.
- For egg rolls, in a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, green onions, soy sauce and garlic powder until blended; stir in turnip greens, cheese, black-eyed peas and sausage.
- With one corner of an egg roll wrapper facing you, place 3 tablespoons filling just below center of wrapper. (Cover remaining wrappers with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Fold bottom corner over filling; moisten remaining wrapper edges with water. Fold side corners toward center over filling. Roll egg roll up tightly, pressing at tip to seal. Repeat.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry egg rolls, a few at a time, 3-4 minutes or until golden brown, turning occasionally. Drain on paper towels. Serve with sauce. Yield: 2 dozen (2-1/3 cups sauce).
Originally published as Southern-Style Egg Rolls in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2014
Reviews for Southern-Style Egg Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review