- 2-1/2 cups self-rising flour, divided
- 1/4 cup cold butter or shortening
- 1 to 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- Melted butter
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place 2 cups flour in a large bowl. Cut in butter until butter is the size of peas. Stir in 1 cup milk. Dough should be wet and sticky; if needed, stir in some of the remaining milk.
- Place remaining flour in a small bowl. Using a 1/4-cup measuring cup dipped in flour, remove 1/4 cup dough from bowl and drop into flour; gently turn to coat. Place 2 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Repeat.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with melted butter; serve warm. Yield: 8 biscuits.
Originally published as Southern-Style Biscuits in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2016, p93
Reviews for Southern-Style Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review