Southern Skillet Chops Recipe
The Creole seasoning adds the right amount of kick to these pork chops. The black-eyed peas make the perfect accompaniment. —Irene Sullivan, Lake Mills, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons plus 1/8 teaspoon Creole seasoning, divided
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- Shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- 1. Sprinkle pork chops with 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning. In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. Drain one can tomatoes; discard liquid. Add tomatoes to skillet with the remaining can of undrained tomatoes, black-eyed peas and remaining Creole seasoning, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan.
- 3. Bring to a boil and return chops to pan. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2-4 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Let stand for 5 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC