- and salt. Combine the eggs, milk and 4 tablespoons butter; stir into
- dry ingredients just until combined.
- Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for
- 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Drizzle remaining butter over warm bread.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker. When cool enough to handle, remove
- meat from bones; discard bones. Shred meat with two forks; return to
- slow cooker. Using a slotted spoon, the chicken over corn bread.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup shredded chicken with 1 piece corn bread equals 669 calories, 20 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 224 mg cholesterol, 1,217 mg sodium, 67 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 53 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.