Southern Pulled Pork Recipe
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 pounds)
- 1/3 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Baked sweet potatoes, optional
- 1. Place pork in a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker. Combine the mustard, molasses, brown sugar and soy sauce; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Remove meat; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into juices. Return to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Shred meat with two forks; return to the slow cooker. Stir in sauce. Cover and cook 15 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve with sweet potatoes if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
1/2 cup (calculated without potatoes) equals 282 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 240 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 medium-fat meat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Southern Pulled Pork
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.