- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 pounds)
- 1/3 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Baked sweet potatoes, optional
- Place pork in a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker. Combine the mustard, molasses, brown sugar and soy sauce; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into juices. Return to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Shred meat with two forks; return to the slow cooker. Stir in gravy. Cover and cook 15 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve with sweet potatoes if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
Reviews for Southern Pulled Pork
Sort By :
I didnt have stoneground mustard so I used honey mustard. it was delicious! got great reviews from my family.
We love pulled pork so I thought I would try this recipe. It was delicious. My only suggestion for future is to make more sauce so there will be more gravy. the flavor was exactly right, just wanted more of it.
Family loved it!
Very Yummy! Just used a pork tenderloin instead & still turned out great!
Outstanding flavor, great recipe!