Southern Potato Salad Recipe
This potato salad recipe will be perfect for your next church supper or pot-luck supper. The sweet pickles add an extra sweetness to this special salad.—Gene Pitts, Wilsonville, Alabama
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + chilling YIELD:6-8 servings
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet pickles
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender. Drain and chill. Add eggs, onions and pickles; toss well. Stir in mustard, celery seed and mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper and mix well. Chill until ready to serve. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 377 calories, 26 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 169 mg cholesterol, 275 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC