Southern Potato Salad
This potato salad recipe will be perfect for your next church supper or pot-luck supper. The sweet pickles add an extra sweetness to this special salad.—Gene Pitts, Wilsonville, Alabama
6-8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet pickles
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender. Drain and chill. Add
- eggs, onions and pickles; toss well. Stir in mustard, celery seed
- and mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper and mix well. Chill
- until ready to serve. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 377 calories, 26 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 169 mg cholesterol, 275 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.