- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet pickles
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender. Drain and chill. Add eggs, onions and pickles; toss well. Stir in mustard, celery seed and mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper and mix well. Chill until ready to serve. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Southern Potato Salad
Sort By :
"No green onions substituted yellow onions and added sweet relish instead of pickles. Only my second time making potato salad and it was relish!"
"This was very good, added a bit more mustard for our taste and chopped celery with the addition of celery salt. Took as a pot luck and brought home empty bowl."
"Oh I forgot to say, I also add yellow mustard or Horseradish mustard also to mine. Freda, From Vancouver, WA."
"I have made this salad for years. It is a tried and true one. I often substitute dill pickles or dill relish for the sweet pickles. I uise this same dressing for my macroni salads too. and always get YUMMMY coments. freda a Transplant to Vancouver, Wa. from Savannah, georgia."