This potato salad recipe will be perfect for your next church supper or pot-luck supper. The sweet pickles add an extra sweetness to this special salad.—Gene Pitts, Wilsonville, Alabama
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet pickles
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender. Drain and chill. Add eggs, onions and pickles; toss well. Stir in mustard, celery seed and mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper and mix well. Chill until ready to serve. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Southern Potato Salad in Reminisce September/October 1991, p39
Reviews for Southern Potato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review