- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet pickles
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender. Drain and chill. Add eggs, onions and pickles; toss well. Stir in mustard, celery seed and mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper and mix well. Chill until ready to serve. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Southern Potato Salad
"Great Recipe! I used Sweet - Hot pickles and spicy mustard. This is the 3rd time I've made this potato salad it it just keeps getting better!! Now one of my favorites!"
"No green onions substituted yellow onions and added sweet relish instead of pickles. Only my second time making potato salad and it was relish!"
"This was very good, added a bit more mustard for our taste and chopped celery with the addition of celery salt. Took as a pot luck and brought home empty bowl."
"Oh I forgot to say, I also add yellow mustard or Horseradish mustard also to mine. Freda, From Vancouver, WA."
"I have made this salad for years. It is a tried and true one. I often substitute dill pickles or dill relish for the sweet pickles. I uise this same dressing for my macroni salads too. and always get YUMMMY coments. freda a Transplant to Vancouver, Wa. from Savannah, georgia."