Southern Pot Roast Recipe
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1. Cut roast in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle with Cajun seasoning. Top with corn, onion and green pepper. Combine the tomatoes, pepper and hot pepper sauce; pour over vegetables.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender. Serve corn mixture with slotted spoon. Yield: 5 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 455 calories, 22 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 147 mg cholesterol, 601 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 47 g protein.
Reviews for Southern Pot Roast
"I thought this was just okay; definitely not your traditional pot roast."
"I made this for Superbowl Sunday, and everyone loved it! It was so easy to put together, and it has a wonderful flavor. Would make this again!"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.