- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Sprinkle pork with 3/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; brown chops on both sides. Remove from pan.
- Add pepper and onion to skillet; cook and stir until tender, 4-5 minutes. Stir in remaining seafood seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, peas, tomatoes, rice and broth. Bring to a boil. Place chops over top. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°, 2-3 minutes. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Southern Pork & Rice in Simple & Delicious October/November 2016
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Southern Pork & Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review