Southern Plantation Corn Bread Recipe
- 1 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 4 slices American cheese, cut into pieces
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) corn bread/muffin mix
- 6 ounces diced breakfast ham or 1-1/2 cups diced ham
- 1. In a saucepan, combine the flour, half-and-half cream and 1/2 cup butter until smooth; cook and stir until slightly thickened. Stir in cheese. Cool.
- 2. Add the egg, whipping cream and sour cream until blended. Add remaining butter; fold into corn muffin mixes and ham. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until set. (Do not overbake.) Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 piece: 345 calories, 28g fat (17g saturated fat), 107mg cholesterol, 503mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Southern Plantation Corn Bread
"This cornbread is to die for! Very rich, but oh, so yummy!"
"WOW!!! This is AMAZING!!! sooooo rich. i doubled the diced ham - turned out fabulous. Definate Recommend."