Southern Plantation Corn Bread Recipe
- 1 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 4 slices American cheese, cut into pieces
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) corn bread/muffin mix
- 6 ounces diced breakfast ham or 1-1/2 cups diced ham
- 1. In a saucepan, combine the flour, half-and-half cream and 1/2 cup butter until smooth; cook and stir until slightly thickened. Stir in cheese. Cool.
- 2. Add the egg, whipping cream and sour cream until blended. Add remaining butter; fold into corn muffin mixes and ham. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until set. (Do not overbake.) Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 piece: 345 calories, 28g fat (17g saturated fat), 107mg cholesterol, 503mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (6g sugars, trace fiber), 7g protein
Reviews for Southern Plantation Corn Bread
"This cornbread is to die for! Very rich, but oh, so yummy!"
"WOW!!! This is AMAZING!!! sooooo rich. i doubled the diced ham - turned out fabulous. Definate Recommend."