Southern Pinwheel Pie Recipe
- 4 cups cubed fully cooked ham (2 pounds)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 cups fresh or frozen broccoli florets
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large skillet, saute ham and onion in butter until onion is tender. Combine soup and milk; stir into ham mixture. Add broccoli; heat through. Pour into an ungreased shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- 2. Combine biscuit mix and water until a soft dough forms. On a lightly floured surface, knead dough 10 times. Roll out into a 12-in. square; sprinkle with parsley.
- 3. Roll up jelly-roll style. Cut into 12 pieces; place over the ham mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until biscuits are golden and ham mixture is heated through and bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 426 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 2149mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein .
Reviews for Southern Pinwheel Pie
"I first made this many, many years ago as a new bride...it was in my Betty Crocker recipe card collection...it was and still is very good, great way to use up left over ham."