Southern Pecan Catfish Recipe
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans, divided
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 4 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine 1/2 cup pecans, cornmeal, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Coat catfish with pecan mixture.
- 2. In a large skillet, melt 1/4 cup butter over medium-high heat; fry fillets for 6-7 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. In the same skillet, melt remaining butter over medium heat. Add remaining pecans; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add the cream, lemon juice and remaining salt and pepper; cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in parsley. Serve with catfish. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 633 calories, 59 g fat (24 g saturated fat), 122 mg cholesterol, 856 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Reviews for Southern Pecan Catfish
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.