Southern Honey-Pecan Pie Recipe
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup honey
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the sugar and flour. Stir in the eggs, honey, butter, vanilla and salt. Add chopped pecans and mix well. Pour into pastry shell. Arrange pecan halves around edge and center of pie.
- 2. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Remove foil; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 529 calories, 32g fat (10g saturated fat), 105mg cholesterol, 276mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein .
Reviews for Southern Honey-Pecan Pie
"No trouble firming up and I used raw honey from my own hives. Great pie!"
"Only The 2Nd Pecan Pie I've Ever Made Since My Mom Usually Makes Them, But Since It's My Husbands Fave I Decided To Make Him One For Work. Honey Is His Fave Also So Decided To Give A Try But Was Almost Finished Before I Read Results From Other Person About Boiling Honey. Was Realy Disappointed Thinking I Ruined This But It Turned Out Perfect In Fact It Was Probably More Firm Than When I Made It From Kero Syrup. My Mom Who Is A Pro At Them would Be proud. Very Easy And Delicious."
"This recipie missed a MAJOR step, BOILING the honey so it has the ability to firm. I have never made this before and I trusted the fact that the poster was from Lousiana which as far as I am concerned gave her credibility. My pie has been in the oven for voer an hour and is still liquid. I should have known better and checked this recipe against the others I found....total waste of time and money!!!"