Southern Honey-Pecan Pie
Allie Smith, New Orleans, Louisiana
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup honey
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Pecan Halves
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and flour. Stir in the eggs,
- honey, butter, vanilla and salt. Add chopped pecans and mix well.
- Pour into pastry shell. Arrange pecan halves around edge and center
- of pie.
- Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until a knife inserted
- near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the
- refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 529 calories, 32 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 105 mg cholesterol, 276 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.