Southern Honey-Pecan Pie Recipe
—Allie Smith, New Orleans, Louisiana
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup honey
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the sugar and flour. Stir in the eggs, honey, butter, vanilla and salt. Add chopped pecans and mix well. Pour into pastry shell. Arrange pecan halves around edge and center of pie.
- 2. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Remove foil; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 529 calories, 32 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 105 mg cholesterol, 276 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Southern Honey-Pecan Pie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC