- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/2 pound Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, chopped
- 1 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place beans and broth in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cook, covered, 4-7 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender; drain.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in pan.
- Add apricots to drippings; cook and stir over medium heat until softened. Stir in vinegar, salt, garlic powder, pepper and beans; cook and stir 2-3 minutes longer or until beans are coated. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Southern Green Beans with Apricots
"Greatly enjoyed this side dish! The crunch of the al dente beans (that I cut instead of keeping whole), sweet & sour of the dried apricots, smokiness of the bacon, tartness of the vinegar and the combination of spices made this a palate pleasing recipe. It's definitely a keeper!"