- a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, heat 1/4 in. of oil; fry chicken until browned on
- all sides. Cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes or until juices run
- clear and chicken is tender, turning occasionally. Uncover and cook
- 5 minutes longer. Drain on paper towels and keep warm. Drain
- skillet, reserving 3 tablespoons drippings.
- For gravy, in a small bowl, combine the flour, salt, thyme and
- pepper. Gradually whisk in milk and cream until smooth; add to
- skillet. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2
- minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken. Yield: 6 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.