What's not to love with these crowd-pleasing golden fried chicken strips? A hint of garlic makes them irresistible. Genise Krause, Sturgeon Bay, WI
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 pounds chicken tenderloins
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and buttermilk. In a separate shallow bowl, combine the flour, garlic powder, pepper, salt and paprika. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then flour mixture.
- In an electric skillet, heat oil to 375°. Fry chicken, a few pieces at a time, for 2-3 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Southern Fried Chicken Strips in Taste of Home June/July 2010, p21
Reviews for Southern Fried Chicken Strips
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review