- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 pounds chicken tenderloins
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and buttermilk. In a separate shallow bowl, combine the flour, garlic powder, pepper, salt and paprika. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then flour mixture.
- In an electric skillet, heat oil to 375°. Fry chicken, a few pieces at a time, for 2-3 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Southern Fried Chicken Strips
Sort By :
"My first time ever preparing chicken tenders dipped in batter. I usually saute as is. This recipe is great. The fried tenders were a hit! I substituted Lawry's Seasoning Salt for the regular salt and also added about 1/2 teaspoon of garlic salt. I don't have an electric skillet, but a regular non-stick skillet worked just fine and I cooked the chicken for about 5 minutes on each side to get that perfect golden color and crisp. The chicken on the inside was perfectly cooked, tender and juicy! Will definitely add this to my dinner rotation!"
"This is a question rather than a review, how can it be so low in saturated fat with an egg and parmesan cheese? I would love to try it but am concerned."
"This is definitely the best strip recipe. I made my own buttermilk and double-dipped the chicken."
"My family of picky eaters rated this to be the "bomb" of chicken strips. Which in my house is a huge compliment."
"simple and easy love it."