- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 pounds chicken tenderloins
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and buttermilk. In a separate shallow bowl, combine the flour, garlic powder, pepper, salt and paprika. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then flour mixture.
- In an electric skillet, heat oil to 375°. Fry chicken, a few pieces at a time, for 2-3 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Southern Fried Chicken Strips
Sort By :
"My family of picky eaters rated this to be the "bomb" of chicken strips. Which in my house is a huge compliment."
"simple and easy love it."
"My son and I love these! Simple to make and didn't make a mess of my whole kitchen! Not having garlic powder, I added 2 sliced garlic cloves to the egg mix. Delicious!"
"This recipe is good. I did use what I had on hand so instead of buttermilk I used 1/4 cup of half-and-half and 1/4 cup whole milk and substituted season salt for regular salt and used a little less. Then, I added about a 1/4 teaspoon of poultry seasoning with a dash of chicken boullion. The chicken turned out great; not too salty either. I also used peanut oil which gets hotter quicker, I believe cooks better at higher temperature. Excellent base recipe for someone who wants to add/subtract ingredients!! Definitely try and make it your own!!"
"So simple to make and have great flavor. Also, I like the fact that they didn't soak up a lot of the oil. That is DEFINITELY a plus! :)"