Southern Fried Chicken Strips
What's not to love with these crowd-pleasing golden fried chicken strips? A hint of garlic makes them irresistible.
Genise Krause, Sturgeon Bay, WI
6 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Cook: 5 min./batch
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 pounds chicken tenderloins
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and buttermilk. In a separate shallow
- bowl, combine the flour, garlic powder, pepper, salt and paprika.
- Dip chicken in egg mixture, then flour mixture.
- In an electric skillet, heat oil to 375°. Fry chicken, a few
- pieces at a time, for 2-3 minutes on each side or until no longer
- pink. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 5 ounces equals 327 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 126 mg cholesterol, 320 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 39 g protein.