Southern Fried Chicken Strips Recipe
What's not to love with these crowd-pleasing golden fried chicken strips? A hint of garlic makes them irresistible. Genise Krause, Sturgeon Bay, WI
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Cook: 5 min./batch YIELD:6 servings
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 pounds chicken tenderloins
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and buttermilk. In a separate shallow bowl, combine the flour, garlic powder, pepper, salt and paprika. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then flour mixture.
- 2. In an electric skillet, heat oil to 375°. Fry chicken, a few pieces at a time, for 2-3 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
5 ounces equals 327 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 126 mg cholesterol, 320 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 39 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC