- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 3 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions, divided
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- Prepare and bake corn bread mix according to package directions, using an 8-in.-square baking dish. Crumble when cool.
- Mix sour cream, mayonnaise and salad dressing mix until blended. In a separate bowl, combine tomatoes, peppers and 1/2 cup green onions.
- In a 3-qt. glass bowl, layer half of each: corn bread, beans, tomato mixture, cheese, bacon, corn and dressing. Repeat layers. Top with remaining green onions. Refrigerate 3 hours. Yield: 16 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Southern Corn Bread Salad
"Delicious! Took to a party, everyone raved and wanted recipe!! Thanks for a great and different "salad"!!!"
"Very good and pretty to serve. I followed the recipe except for the beans. I used one can pinto and one can of black beans. I also used canned corn because that is what I had on hand. I thought this would turn into a big pile of mush but it didn't. Kids wouldn't go near it but all the adults love it. Thanks for posting."
"I loved this recipe, I made it with black eyed peas instead of pinto beans, I used already crumbled bacon and added a variety of the peppers Green, Yellow, Red and Orange. It was so good. My whole Family Loved it. Defiantly one for a picnic or back yard BBQ"
"I made this over the weekend and it is a hands down winner. I made no changes to the recipe and everyone loved it. Not only delicious but beautiful as well. I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor."
"This recipe is amazing!! I made this for our memorial day bbq and it was a great success! It tasted even better the next day. It's been requested for our 4th of July bbq also."