- 8 cups coarsely crumbled corn bread
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- Turkey giblets, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine first 10 ingredients. In another bowl, whisk eggs and broth. Add to bread mixture; stir until moistened.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 40-45 minutes or until lightly browned and a thermometer inserted near center reads 160°. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Southern Corn Bread Dressing
Sort By :
"This dressing had a good taste, but was just a little dry. We usually add dried bread crumbs to lighten the dressing up and I will probably do that next time because other than being a bit compact and dry this was very good."
"Thank you!! This turned out DELICIOUS. This is now my go-to cornbread stuffing recipe. I was a little unsure about the eggs, but the texture and taste of everything blended perfectly. Only thing I did different was sauté the celery, onion, and bell pepper. Try this recipe -it's easy and tastes great!!"