Southern Chicken Roll-Ups
This is one of my favorite ways to cook chicken because it tastes so good and it doesn't take long to prepare. I like to serve it with rice.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 pounds)
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Place a cheese slice on each;
- roll up jelly-roll style. In a shallow bowl, combine flour and
- pepper; add chicken and roll to coat.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in butter until browned,
- about 10 minutes, turning frequently. Add broth and oregano; bring
- to boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 12-14 minutes or until chicken
- juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with reduced-fat cheese, margarine and low-sodium broth) equals 284 calories, 157 mg sodium, 94 mg cholesterol, 4 gm carbohydrate, 36 gm protein, 13 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.