Southern Buttermilk Biscuits
The recipe for these four-ingredient biscuit has been handed down for many generations.—Fran Thompson, Tarboro, North Carolina
9 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- Melted butter
- In a large bowl, cut butter into flour until mixture resembles coarse
- crumbs. Stir in buttermilk just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly
- floured surface; knead 3-4 times. Pat or lightly roll to 3/4-in.
- thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 11-13 minutes
- or until golden brown. Brush tops with butter. Serve warm. Yield: 9