Southern Breakfast Skillet
THIS RECIPE has a long tradition in our family. It was a special meal at my mother's table, and I enjoyed cooking it for my seven children. Now they prepare it for their families. I'm glad this recipe was easy to adjust for just the two of us. My wife and I enjoy it two or three times a week.
-James Newton, Minocqua, Wisconsin
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) hominy, drained
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a skillet, cook bacon until almost crisp; drain. Add onion;
- continue cooking until bacon is crisp and onion is tender. Stir in
- hominy, eggs and pepper. Cook and stir until the eggs are completely
- set. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 366 calories, 19 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 441 mg cholesterol, 1,355 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 20 g protein.