Southern Breakfast Skillet Recipe
- 1/4 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) hominy, drained
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs, beaten
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a skillet, cook bacon until almost crisp; drain. Add onion; continue cooking until bacon is crisp and onion is tender. Stir in hominy, eggs and pepper. Cook and stir until the eggs are completely set. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Southern Breakfast Skillet
Sort By :
This was quite good! The servings are HEARTY. I think you could feed 3 or possibly 4 if you added some fruit or something on the side. The hominy really adds a nice substance to the skillet and leaves you feeling fuller. I would definitely make this again.
I made this recipe for my brother?s birthday brunch. The name alone made my brother crave it, since he likes many things about the South, but the taste of the dish itself is what truly made him happy. I would definitely make this recipe again.
I remember my husband being very skeptical of this recipe, until he tasted it. After that he started taking all the ingredients he needed to make it on fishing and camping trips.
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast for Two >
- Breakfast Meat Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes for Two >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >