Southern Barbecued Pork Recipe
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 12 kaiser rolls, split
- 3 cups deli coleslaw, optional
- 1. Place the pork roast and onion in a Dutch oven. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, salt and cayenne; pour over roast. Cover and bake at 325° for 3-4 hours or until meat is very tender.
- 2. Remove roast; shred meat with two forks. Skim fat from pan juices. Return meat to the pan. Use a slotted spoon to serve on rolls. Top with coleslaw if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 496 calories, 17 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 129 mg cholesterol, 854 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 43 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.