Southern Barbecue Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (12 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 12 cups hot cooked spaghetti
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the turkey, onions, mushrooms and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, ketchup, broth, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, cumin and chili powder. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until vegetables are tender. Serve with spaghetti. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Southern Barbecue Spaghetti Sauce in Light & Tasty April/May 2003, p37
Reviews for Southern Barbecue Spaghetti Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review