Southern Barbecue Beef Recipe
Creamy deli coleslaw is the secret condiment Andrea Johnson uses to top her zesty barbecue sandwiches. “It boosts the nutrition and adds a delightful crunch,” explains the creative Freeport, Illinois cook.
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 kaiser rolls, split
- 1/2 cup creamy deli coleslaw
- 1. In a nonstick skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Stir in the ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar and mustard. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until thickened. Spoon onto roll bottoms; top with coleslaw. Replace roll tops. Yield: 2 servings.
1 sandwich equals 519 calories, 17 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 1,051 mg sodium, 61 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Reviews for Southern Barbecue Beef
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC